Who We Are
NCCF serves donors. We are not fund raisers.
We exist to provide donors funding options that enable them to become involved in lasting and creative ways in support of charitable works.
Philanthropy is a ministry. And like all ministries, it enriches both the giver and the receiver. This belief motivated our co-founders to create NCCF, and it is for this reason that NCCF offers individuals an array of services to help them become more effectively engaged in philanthropy.
As a community foundation, we comprise a pool of perpetual, individually created funds consisting of:
- Donor-Advised Funds, where the donors retain the right to advise us on which charities should receive distributions;
- Donor-Designated Funds, where the fund is established to provide perpetual support for a charity designated by the donor;
- Field-of-Interest Funds, where the donor sets up the fund to support area of interest such as Catholic education, the retired religious, etc.
A donor can create a fund for as little as $10,000 in cash or securities.
Contributions are tax deductible. Grants from the fund are approved by our board and distributed to qualified charities. In addition to investment management, we provide record-keeping for the assets we receive and the funds we distribute.
Our structure fosters a culture of accountability, credibility, and integrity. As a publicly-supported charitable institution, we manage financial resources in an ethical manner so that donated funds are used for their intended purposes.
NCCF Has Several Distinguishing Characteristics:
- First, we have a Catholic ethic. Our Board of Trustees consists of lay Roman Catholic men and women. Through us, donors can benefit charitable activities that reflect the Gospel, whether these activities serve the ministry of the Catholic Church, specifically, or the larger community.
- Second, we are national and can arrange for funding charities anywhere within the United States and, under certain circumstances, anywhere in the world.
- Third, in our perpetual funds, the role of advisor can be passed on indefinitely. Consequently, succeeding generations of one family can remain active in the family’s fund.
NCCF Meets These Criteria
"We were hunting for a community foundation fund that had donor
advised flexibility. It had to have:
1) Christ centered purpose for existence
2) Competent, experienced faith filled staff
3) National breadth of scope
4) Reasonable overhead structure, contribution requirements and earnings potential
We think NCCF meets these criteria and that it will provide the way for our children to extend philanthropy eventually through their children."
Highest Ethical Standards
"The Roman Catholic Diocese of Mandeville has established two funds with NCCF as a safe and prudent way of ensuring the continuation and development of the purposes for which the funds are established. As a small Diocese in a Third World country we lack the expertise to organize or administer a fund in a secure and productive manner. We were looking for an organization to care for the money consistent with the highest ethical standards. NCCF does this in a way that assures our donors that their purposes will be attained and their moral values respected."
Valued Partner and Resource
"As the Director of Gift Planning for Cross Catholic Outreach, I am pleased to acknowledge the National Catholic Community Foundation as a valued partner and resource. Many of our donors find Charitable Gift Annuities to be excellent gift vehicles, and NCCF provides us with the administrative tools to offer this program on a nationwide basis. In addition, NCCF promotes and supports a variety of Catholic organizations and encourages contributors to invest in many worthwhile causes."